Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Korea Me #6

Saturday was my 20th birthday. I had fun; we went to an area called Insadong. It's just a bunch of shops and some places to eat and such. I had galbi for the second time. I like galbi :) you cook it yourself at your table on a grill like thing in the middle of the table. (we had pork galbi) anyway, after it's cooked you take a piece of meat and put it on a lettuce leaf with rice and whatever else you want there are things like garlic, onion, bean paste, etc.....then you wrap it up in the leaf and eat it.....I spent a ton of money and bought some souvenirs and I even bought a few for some people at home. My sister even bought me a pretty necklace since it was birthday.

This week we are cleaning up the classrooms at the school since the last day of school was last Friday. It's not that interesting, but it has to be done. We have also begun packing things in my sister's apartment. It won't be much longer now and we'll be on the plane bound for Florida. I am loving it here though, don't get me wrong I miss home....but I'm really enjoying myself


I put some more pictures up so check them out use the old links still

oh and my brother-in-law got his blackbelt in case you didn't see those pics :) I'm so proud of him :)

No comments: