Saturday, May 26, 2007

Korea Me #5

I've had some Korean food now...I was actually here a few days before I ever had any. My first meal in Korea was at a McDonald's where I ordered the same exact thing I would have ordered at home. The next few were at my sister's house where we of course cooked American food, though we did have Korean ramen for lunch the first full day I was here. Some of you know my love for Korean ramen, but of course since I'd had that before I already knew I loved it. Tuesday I had tonkas which is basically a type of fried pork with an almost B-B-Q like sauce that you dip it in and rice. I stayed away from a vegetable-rice mix that was wrapped in seaweed; I think it was called kimbop and I also have avoided kimchee which is a dish they apparently eat with just about everything made from so oddly prepared cabbage. At least it's odd in my American opinion. To each his own, I may try it before I leave but some things take courage...lol......I've also tried bolgolgi which is a seasoned beef and vegetable thing. More Korean food to come but that's just the basics of what I've had so far.....

I'm in love with this little place called Happy Ria it's just this little snack store a block away from the school my sister teaches in. This lady makes fruit drinks and various snacks fresh and it's mostly little kids that go there. I'm addicted to this Kiwi drink she makes. Basically it's a whole kiwi ice and a little bit of kiwi syrup blended together so good.....it's 1300 won which makes it about $1.30 though that's not exact. I could go there everyday

No comments: